Here is the second exercise that you have to perform daily:
1. Inhale and focus on the area of the prostate, perineum and anus.
2. Exhale and contract the PC muscle around the prostate and anus, contracting in the same time the muscles around the eyes and lips.
3. Inhale and relax, releasing the PC muscle, as well as the mouth and eyes muscles.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 contracting the muscles while inhaling and relaxing them while exhaling. Do 10 to 50 repetitions. The contraction of the facial muscles helps the strong contraction of the PC muscle.
You should practice these exercises two-three times a day.
There are two typical errors in the practice of these exercises:
1. Exaggerating the number of contractions from the first sessions. Remember that the PC muscle is a muscle just as any other, and it may become sore. Stay calm and do not force in any manner. Increase the number of contractions gradually in one session.
2. The contraction of another muscle along or instead of the PC muscle. When you do your PC strengthening, it is important that the muscles of the abdomen, thighs and buttock remain relaxed.
In the beginning you may contract these as well, but in time you will learn to isolate the PC muscle from the other muscles. However, this is possible only through practice.
You do not need to have your finger on the PC muscle while practicing. A better method for feeling this muscle is to close your eyes and focus on the area.
Nonetheless, if you have problems in locating the PC muscle you may put your finger on the muscle while urinating, during the first repetitions.
For the muscle to become fit, there are necessary about three-four weeks, interval in which you have to practice the two exercises daily.
Once you begin to get the grip on how to contract the PC muscle, the daily practice will continue until you become completely successful in preventing the sexual energy from discharging through ejaculation.
A useful way of helping you in your daily practice routine is to associate the exercises to your daily habits, such as waking up in the morning, the shower, or getting into bed at night.
A good method for checking the firmness of your PC muscle is to hang a towel on your erect penis, and then lift and lower it through the contractions of this muscle. In the advanced Taoist practice, the men use weights instead of the towel.
Keep in mind that “practice makes the master” and that “a gram of practice is worth tones of theory.”
After 3-4 weeks of daily practice of the exercises described in our previous article, “Daily exercises for the PC muscle. Part 1”, you are ready to approach the following exercise:
1. Inhale and focus your attention in the pelvic area.
2. Exhale, contract the PC muscle and keep the contraction for 10 to 15 seconds.
3. Inhale and relax the contraction. Stay relaxed for 5 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, contracting the PC muscle while inhaling and relaxing it while exhaling. Do 10 up to 50 repetitions on one session.
You may need several weeks in order to get to 50 slow contractions during one session. Be patient, practice gradually and do as many repetitions as you can, without forcing anything. When you start feeling the results, you will see that you will not be able to dispense yourself from these exercises.